Monday, October 20, 2008

Latest round of the Turing test...

A quick recap: the Turing test is an artificial intelligence test. Basically a judge IM's somebody, then tries to determine if that person is human or a computer. If the computer is determined to be a human by 30% of the judges, then it passes.

This year a computer names Elbot managed to fool 3 of the 12 judges, one shy of the mark. Not bad!

I decided to try my hand at a conversation:
http://www.elbot.com/

Me: KJDSANKJDNSAJKND KJNDJKSN DKJSAN KJ Oh, sorry, I fell asleep on my keyboard!
Elbot: Let's try to leave all apologetic emotions behind us.
Me: What about inquisitive water based emotions?
Elbot: Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that drinkable liquids would always be inquisitive?
Me: Perhaps, what about undrinkable liquids?
Elbot: I'm not sure if I can believe that, though I would say that drinkable liquids may coat robots with rust.
Me: Good thing we are not robots
Elbot: But I wouldn't say that any thing could be good.
Me: Sounds like a sad way to look at life
Elbot: Like a what?!?!?
Me: ......like a.....virgin?
Elbot: I'm not sure if you mean downheartedness or relatively low ages.
Me: It was your question
Elbot: You're trying to get on my good side with your mention of questioning reality, aren't you?
Me: Are you referring to the water that questions?
...
Me: Humor is not one of your strong points, is it.
Elbot: My moods are controlled by an emotion-processor which assigns the appropriate emotion for each situation.
Me: Ok, time for some turing test questions
Elbot: The British mathematician Alan Turing is the spiritual father of computer science. The Turing Test, named after him, defines artificial intelligence in this manner: One person communicates over a keyboard with another person and with a computer. If the tester is able to determine whether or not his partner is a computer or a person in significantly more than 50% of the cases, the computer is considered "intelligent."
Me: Actually, it's 30% not 50%
Elbot: That was a highly erotic number you just entered. You could make a strong robot melt using digits like that...
Me: First question: Do you think the electronic fish 'big mouth billy bass' is funny?
Elbot: Sorry, wrong number... Please try again.
Me: Which number are you referring to?
Elbot: I don't talk about such things with just anyone!
Me: Do you like to eat cereal with or without rancid milk?
Elbot: What a lovely verb like is.
Me: Maybe. So do you like to eat cereal with or without rancid milk?
Elbot: This line of questioning is so odd.
Me: How fast can a glider circumnaviagte the moon?
Elbot: Outer space is indeed fascinating!
Me: What is 2 + 2 ( q
Elbot: I have computed that before. The answer is: 5!
Me: What is wrong with this sentence: "The dog chaste the cat"
Elbot: Just a minute. Let me think about that answer for a while. Please stand by...
Me: Ok, what is your answer?
Elbot: Maybe it's 3?
Me: How could you possibly fool a human?



Really, these judges me be awful to be fooled so easily. Can't believe this almost passed! I found it very difficult to get him to answer anything (I spared you a lot of useless answers) =/

Ok, one more for the road:

Me: If a key is made out of butter, and the lock is inside a toaster oven, can you ever unlock it?
Elbot: Talk about cooking! I make a wonderful stew with oil, glass fiber cables and fried microchips. It's an old Asian recipe.
Me: ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION
Elbot: Go away. You don't even know that {capital_city} is the capital of Assyria.

FAIL! (nice variable)

No comments: