Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A word about kitchen faucets...

Ok, I have this major beef with 'Price Pfister" (sold through Home Depot)...in fact, it might be with other brands as well, I just don't know.

Basically when we gutted and redid our kitchen, we needed a new faucet to go with our new cast iron sink. Naturally I browse the usual stores, and I come across a nice looking one...similar to this guy:



Looks pretty normal right? Wellll welll welll, TRICKED YA!! Turns out they decided to invent their own thread size...you know, just to piss people off. Say you actually find the thread size in some specialty plumbing shop, well, tough luck because they also used a tight thread pattern.....yeah, so basically what that means is even if you get the size right nothing is going to screw in.

So what?

Well, I have a Python system (if the internet existed in the 70's, this is what pages would look like) to clean my poor fish tank...and well, I can no longer hook it up to my sink....awesome. Now I have to hunt for a crappy 'universal' system....AWESOME.

Meanwhile...
Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net



So yeah, make sure the thread size and pattern are both normal.

2 comments:

Jeremy R. said...

Holy crap

http://www.pythonproducts.com/LadyNoSpill.jpg

Mad Chef said...

tell me about it, lol